Anderson, S.C - Anderson women's soccer will open up South Atlantic Conference play by hosting SAC foe Newberry on Wednesday at the Anderson Civic Center.
• Who – Newberry (2-0-1) vs Anderson (1-1)
• When - Wednesday (5 p.m.)
• Where – Anderson, S.C. (Civic Center; 3027 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd)
• Live Stats – https://autrojans.com/sports/wsoc/2019-20/boxscores/20190918_vi37.xml
• Video – https://livestream.com/AUIT/MensandWomensSoccer
Anderson University and Newberry College are Lacing Up 4 Pediatric Cancer to support the Go4theGoal Foundation to help kids battling cancer.
Lace Up 4 Pediatric Cancer began in the fall of 2011. Since then, professional, college and youth teams have participated in raising funds and awareness for the #1 disease killer of children. To date, over a half million athletes have supported our cause. $4 from every $5 pair of laces and 100% of all donations directly benefit kids and families in the state where the funds are raised.
Go4theGoal works to improve the lives of children battling cancer by providing financial assistance, granting special wishes, developing unique hospital programs, and funding innovative research. Learn more about Go4theGoal and how you can help to make a difference by visiting Go4theGoal.org.
Newberry leads the overall series 9-6-1. However, the Trojans have won the last 3-of-4 matchups.
• Anderson was picked to finish 8th in the South Atlantic Conference Preseason Poll
• Anderson averages 11.5 shots per match.
• The Trojans defeated USC Aiken, 2-1, a week ago.
• Anderson is led by second year head coach Sarah Jacobs.
• The Wolves were picked 9th in the South Atlantic Conference Preseason Poll.
• Newberry averages 18 shots per match.
• The Wolves tied 2-2 in double overtime vs Barton their last time on the pitch.
• The Wolves are coached by DeeDee Alexander in her 6th year.