Anderson, S.C – The Anderson University women's basketball team began its three-game homestand clicking on all cylinders defeating South Atlantic Conference opponent Catawba,100-60, hitting the century mark for the first time this season on Saturday afternoon at the Abney Athletic Center.
With the victory, Anderson improves to 15-2 overall and 9-0 in conference play while Catawba drops to 9-7 overall and 4-5 in SAC action.
- Anderson outrebounded Catawba 50-34
- The Trojans shot a perfect 18-of-18 from the free-throw line
- Anderson recorded a season high 11 blocked shots with sophomore Taylor Hair recording a game-high three blocks
- The Trojans shot 8-of-16 (50%) from beyond the arc while shooting 37-of-68 (54.4%) from the floor
- The Indians placed two players in double-digit scoring with Mercedes Wampler scoring a team-high 15 points and Keyotta Garris netting 14 points
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer scored a career-high 29 points while ripping down 13 rebounds. Mollenhauer has recored 11 double-doubles on the season
- Senior Ace Easter dropped in 12 points scoring in double-digits for the 15th time this season
- Junior Madison Baggett chipped in 10 points, grabbed eight rebounds while dishing out five assists
- Junior Makayla Green netted 11 points in 14 minutes of action
- All Trojans on the roster scored while playing at least seven minutes or more on the afternoon
- The 53 first half point total was the most scored by the Trojans this season
- Anderson has won 13 straight games
Anderson welcomes SAC opponent Mars Hill on Wednesday. Tip-off is slated for 6 pm.