ANDERSON, S.C. – The No. 13/21 ranked Anderson University women's basketball won its 17th straight game defeating South Atlantic Conference foe Wingate, 76-67, on Saturday afternoon at Abney Athletic Center.
With the victory, Anderson moves to 19-2 overall and 13-0 in conference play while the Bulldogs fall to 15-5 overall and 10-3 in SAC action.
- Wingate outrebounded Anderson 38-31
- The Trojans did not lose a quarter, winning three and tying one
- Anderson shot 9-of-21 (%42.9%) from behind the arc while Wingate went 0-for-7
- The Bulldogs placed three players in double-digit scoring with Jordan Quick scoring a team-high 17 points, Danasia Witherspoon netting 16 points and Teliyah Jeter chipping in 10 points
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer scored a game-high 20 points while grabbing six rebounds and dishing out three assists.
- Junior Cassie Ketchum scored 15 points draining a career-high five three-point baskets
- Junior Madison Baggett recorded her second double-double of the season scoring 14 points, pulling down 10 rebounds. Baggett needed just three more assists to claim her second triple-double of her college career
- Junior Amari Grevious set the tone scoring six points on 3-of-4 shooting in the first period of action
- Anderson has won 17 straight games remaining undefeated in the friendly confines of the Abney Athletic Center
Anderson hits the road for a two-game road swing with the first stop at SAC opponent Lincoln Memorial on Wednesday. Tip-off is slated for 6 pm.