JEFFERSON CITY, TENN. – The Anderson University women's basketball team fought off a late surge winning its 11th game in a row defeating South Atlantic Conference opponent Carson-Newman, 84-81, on Wednesday evening at Holt Fieldhouse.
With the victory, Anderson runs its overall record to 13-2 and 7-0 in conference play while the Eagles fall to 11-4 overall and 4-3 in SAC action.
- Anderson outrebounded Carson-Newman 46-31
- Despite being the No. 1 ranked team in the nation in free-throw percentage, the Eagles missed a total of eight foul shots
- The Eagles shot a dismal 4-of-23 (17.4%) from behind the arc
- Anderson shot 9-of-22 (40.9%) from 3-point land
- The Eagles placed four players in double-digit scoring with Haris Price scoring a game-high 27 points
- Anderson dished out 24 to Carson-Newman's 13 assists
- Sophomore Taylor Hair scored a career high 21 points off the bench
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer netted 15 points, grabbed 15 rebounds while dishing out a career high seven assist. Mollenhauer has recorded nine double-doubles on the season
- Junior Madison Baggett chipped in 15 points while chasing down 10 rebounds for her first double-double of the season
- Senior Ace Easter netted 15 points while grabbing four rebounds and dishing out six assists
- The Trojans led by 13 with just over 2 minutes to play in the game.
Anderson wraps up its four-game road swing when it plays SAC opponent Newberry on Saturday. Tip-off is slated for 2 pm.