ANDERSON, S.C. – Despite a two week layoff, the Anderson University women's tennis did not take long to get back to mid-season form dominating South Atlantic Conference opponent Coker, 9-0 on Tuesday afternoon at the AU Tennis Complex.
With the win, Anderson improves to 10-3 overall and 3-1 in conference action while Coker falls to 2-5 overall and 1-3 in SAC play.
The Black and Gold took a 3-0 advantage after their solid play during the doubles action. At the No. 1 slot, Laura Dean/Rebecca Bruning (AU) defeated Jennifer Mezei and Jenna Gainey (COKER), 8-3 while Delaney Wiggins and Jacqueline Olivia (AU) won over Jennifer Ruetten and Julia Sorrells (COKER), 8-5, at the No. 2 position. Playing in the No. 3 slot, Ivey Welborn and Jennifer Holcombe (AU) fended off Suzanna Mickey and Sarah Elliott (COKER), 8-6.
In the singles portion, the Trojans continued their impressive play winning all six matches to claim the 9-0 victory. At the No. 2 position, Bruning defeated Mezei, 6-2, 6-2 to clinch the match.
Anderson returns to action on Wednesday when it travels to South Atlantic Conference foe Mars Hill. First serve is slated for 1 p.m.
Anderson University 9, Coker 0
1. Laura Dean (AU) def. Jennifer Ruetten (COKER) 7-5, 6-7, 10-6
2. Rebecca Bruning (AU) def. Jennifer Mezei (COKER) 6-2, 6-2
3. Ivey Welborn (AU) def. Jenna Gainey (COKER) 6-0, 6-1
4. Delaney Wiggins (AU) def. Julia Sorrells (COKER) 6-1, 6-2
5. Jacqueline Olivia (AU) def. Suzanna Mickey (COKER) 8-2
6. Jennifer Holcombe (AU) def. Sarah Elliott (COKER) 9-7
Coker (2-5, 1-3 SAC)
Anderson University (10-3, 3-1 SAC)