GREENWOOD, S.C. – The sixth-seeded Anderson University men's soccer team left every ounce of blood, sweat and tears on the pitch dropping a, 1-0, heartbreaking double overtime loss to the second-seeded and 8th-nationally ranked Lander Bearcats on Sunday afternoon in the second round of the NCAA Tournament played at Van Taylor Stadium.
The Trojans resilient season comes to an end with an overall record of 11-6-3 while Lander moves on to face No. 1 seed Young Harris with an impressive 15-1-3 record.
- Lander outshot the Trojans 22-14
- The Trojans claimed the corner kick advantage with five kicks to three
- The Bearcats had 12 shots on goal to Anderson's six
- AU's Gal Elyashiv recorded 11 saves
- Lander's keeper Jacob Withers was credited with six saves
- The Anderson – Lander series now sits at 6-3(Bearcats)
- Anderson freshman Bar Galanti came up with a huge open net defensive save in the first half of action
- AU's Elyashiv saved an awarded penalty kick in the 101 minute of action to keep the Black and Gold alive.
- Following another tremendous save by Elyashiv, Lander was able to find the back of the net following the corner kick in the 106 minute of action.