HARTSVILLE, S.C. – Anderson University men's soccer won a critical road match 2-1 in overtime over South Atlantic Conference opponent Coker on Wednesday evening at Coker Athletic Field.
The Trojans improve to 7-4-3 overall and 4-2-3 in SAC play while the Cobras drop to 5-8-1 overall and 3-5-1 in conference action.
- Anderson claimed a 10-7 advantage in shots on the night
- The Black and Gold edged out Coker with five shots to three shots on goal
- The Trojans and Cobras each took five corner kicks
- AU's Cameron Emerson took four shots scoring on two
- AU's Gal Elyashiv recorded two saves on the evening
- Coker's keeper Justin Watkins was credited with three saves
- The Anderson – Coker series now sits at 13-7 all-time
- AU's Emerson has scored three goals on the week
- With the win tonight, the Trojans are in position to finish anywhere from T-2nd to T-6th place depending on Saturday's outcome throughout the SAC.
- Anderson will host final regular season match on Saturday against Lenoir-Rhyne. Kick-off is slated for 3:30 p.m.